Saturday, April 3, 2010

Save it for a rainy day...

Every month I get a fabulous box of goodies from Trish, and I happily put them to use them on my layouts. But every month there seems to be something extra special that I save. It's usually something that I *love*...that I'm afraid to use. I always think that the special item will be wasted on a less than perfect layout. And so I horde it...waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. But ultimately, I end up not using it at all. It's a bad habit I've gotten into!! Tell me, do you do this with any of your supplies??

Two of these items from past kits include the amazing Jenni Bowlin butterflies from last month's kit and the wooden Making Memories alphabet from the February kit...which has the potential to be my favorite alphabet of all time.




Both of these items I saved because I wasn't sure how to use them to their "fullest potential." ;) But last night while scrapping with a friend, I made up my mind to use these two products. I kind of had to give myself the "okay" to use them. I told myself that regardless of the final product, it would be alright to actually use them!! And I must say...I'm extremely happy with the results! So thank you to Trish for including such amazing product in each kit! Here is my layout. Pardon the less than stellar photo...I seriously took it at the scrapbook store right after I made it!! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Julie said...

beautiful page em! you put them to good use!

Trish said...

I agree with Julie--it is BEAUTIFUL!! Your Miri is a doll, too. Love those JBS butterflies--I have them in every color.

I used to be a hoarder with my embellies. I got to the point where I actually just used paper on my layouts, and I was happy with it. For me, it was having too many choices that threw me off.

Now, I take only a kit and my supply bag to a crop. I force myself to use what I have, and then limit my choices. IT WORKS.

Happy Easter to you, sweets!!

Laina Lamb said...

OH Em. sigh. this is perfect.

jamie said...

that photo is just precious.
those butterflies are perfect.
but then...butterflies always are.

Nathalie said...

What a beautiful page!!!!!!! I LOVE those butterflies and alphas and they are perfect for your layout!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Oh my goodness you had me at Jenni Bowlin! What a great layout!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

What a beautiful layout!!! You used these awesome products perfectly! :)